Parent Referral Program Terms and Conditions
The Parent Referral Program (“The Program”) for the Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles allows Members (“Members” are parents of children currently enrolled in a Catholic school in Los Angeles, Ventura, or Santa Barbara) to win Tuition Discounts and/or an iPad by referring other parents not currently enrolled in any Catholic school to enroll their children in a Catholic school.
To participate, Members must agree to these terms. The Parent Referral Program is sponsored by The Roman Catholic Archbishop of Los Angeles, a corporation sole, dba Department of Catholic Schools (“DCS”). There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to win.
- SWEEPSTAKES NAME (“SWEEPSTAKES”): Parent Referral Program 2018 – 19 Sweepstakes
- ENTRY DEADLINE: August 30, 2019 at 11:59 pm PDT. Submit referral information through referral portal between December 1, 2018 by August 30, 2019 at 11:59 pm PDT. (“Entry Period”). Incomplete, unreadable, or incoherent entries will be disqualified. All entries must be received by August 30, 2019 at 11:59 pm PDT. All information provided by entrants becomes the property of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. The winner will be notified via the email address provided when they have completed a referral through the referral portal.
- PRIZES AND ODDS: Up to one hundred (100) Tuition Discounts to be awarded and Five (5) iPads to be raffled from the sweepstakes. The Tuition Discount is $100 to be awarded to both the referrer and referral after a new student successfully enrolls at a Catholic school in Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, or Ventura counties. The Tuition Discount is awarded to the referrer and referral of the first 50 referred enrollments for a total of up to 100 Tuition Discounts awarded. The Raffle is a random selection of five unique winners from the referrers. Each referral submitted counts as one entry to win one of five iPads. The odds of winning the Tuition Discount and iPad Raffle depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the U.S. age 18 or older, who have an active email account and Internet access as of the beginning of the Sweepstakes period. Referrals of students already enrolled, in the database, or currently attending a Catholic School are not eligible.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, entrants must submit the required information seen on the referral portal.
- MULTIPLE REFERRALS: There is no limit to the total number of referrals submitted by a referer.
- PRIZE DRAWING: All Sweepstakes entries meeting the requirements of these Official Rules will be entered into the Sweepstakes, to be held on or around 30 days after August 30, 2019. There will be up to one hundred (100) Tuition Discount winners and five (5) iPad Raffle winners who will be selected by random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes period.
- NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS: Winners will be notified by email within one (1) week of the prize drawing and enrollment review, and will be required to accept within three (3) days of notification. If a selected Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected from remaining valid, eligible entries timely submitted. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account specified in the entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. No automatically generated entries will be accepted.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed to be the person in whose name the email account governing the email address was opened. Entrants must provide all information requested to be eligible to win.
- GENERAL RULES: By entering, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Sweepstakes is offered by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles 3424 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles CA 90010, which is not responsible for late, lost, delayed, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether by e-mail or postal mail or otherwise, or for theft or destruction or unauthorized access or alterations of entry materials, phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties. By participating and winning the Tuition Discount or iPad Raffle, the winner releases the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability with respect to the Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession or use of any prize, including without limitation (i) any condition caused by events beyond the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ control that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the LA Catholic Schools Survey 2018 Sweepstakes; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ decisions in all respects relative to the Sweepstakes are final. The Archdiocese of Los Angeles reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Sweepstakes is compromised, without liability to the entrant. The Archdiocese of Los Angeles reserves the right to disqualify any winner, as determined by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in its sole discretion.
- ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: Except where prohibited by law, by accepting the prize, Winner consents to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, winning entry and statements attributed to winner (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation. All entries become property of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles and none will be acknowledged or returned.
©2018 The Roman Catholic Archbishop of Los Angeles, a corp. sole. All Rights Reserved.